Welcome to the new database.
It contains full texts of and annotations to case law on protection of the environment of the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU),
the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR),
the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA),
WTO panels and Appellate Body, International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS)
and some national cases. Search options are described below.
- Search terms are not case sensitive and accents/special characters are not required: entering "etang de berre" will find "Étang de Berre"
- Use double quotes to search for exact phrases like "due diligence"
- Use the asterisk (*) as a wild-card symbol only at the end of a term: environment* will find environment, environmental and environmentally
- Terms are optional by default: Malta birds will find cases containing one or both of these terms
- Use a plus-sign (+) to make terms required, for example +Malta +birds: the results will contain both Malta and birds
- Use a minus-sign (-) to exclude certain results, for example Malta -birds: the results will contain Malta but not birds
- In the field "Court(s)", CJEU includes ECJ, General Court, Court of First Instance etc., WTO includes both Panels and Appellate Body.